Are you looking for a fulfilling career helping homeowners make their residences more energy efficient? Would you like to be a part of the stable and growing “Green Job” segment here in California? We are the largest residential testing company in Southern California working with programs such as SDGE, Title 24 testing etc. If you know what this means or are already certified(BPI, HERS, etc.) great! But even if you are new to this field, read on. We are offering this opportunity to those who are willing to be trained to enter this exciting field. The most important qualifications we are looking for are as follows:
1. Good with people with a desire to communicate with customers and help them understand and appreciate the home inspection process.
2. Good communication skills. Proficiency in English (Ability to fill out forms correctly and explain corrections and solve problems) is a requirement in this field.
3. Attention to detail and a desire for excellence
4. Ability to perform physical work. This job involves climbing ladders, inspecting small spaces(attics, basements, roofs, etc.), working in hot or cold weather, and lifting up to 90 lbs.
5. Verifiable employment history. Tell us a little about yourself and what kind of work you have excelled in in the past.
Those who do well in our industry often have a background in one/some of these fields:
1. Residential Construction, home improvements, or aptitude in understanding how homes are constructed.
2. Sales. If you have experience in door to door sales and work well with people but are looking for a more stable income this could be a good fit.
3. HVAC or related fields
4. Teachers and coaches.
5. Even if you don’t have the specific experience mentioned above, if you are willing to learn and feel you would be a good candidate, please write us and tell us why you would be a good choice.
Job Description: Residential Energy Improvements Diagnostic Testing
Overview: Successful candidate will work in San Diego and surrounding counties. Our independent contractors will perform Title 24 verification’s such as duct blasting and refrigerant charge tests, blower door test and combustion testing.
Time/Hours: Sub Contractor
Compensation: Depending on work load. Average $1000.00 – $1500.00 weekly
Mandatory Qualifications after completion of training:
(Successful candidate must be able to pass and become certified in the following fields before commencement of work. All training necessary will be provided to the candidate.)
HERS I and HERS II
EPA 608 Type II Certificate (Refrigerant Testing)
Strong verbal communication skills. Raters must interact regularly and confidently with homeowners contractors and other interested parties.
Strong attention to detail and ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Check in with office daily to determine locations, times and jobs expected to be preformed
Conduct specific Energy Rating verification’s according to Title 24 protocols.
Explain the HERS/BPI verification process to contractors and complete all testing and forms.
If needed we will provide you with all the equipment needed to perform all the tasks. You will be responsible for your own car and a valid driver’s license.
Background check required
Equal opportunity employer